Like all learning journey’s, there are bound to be ups and downs. I have been trying my best to keep up to my Musical Growth Plan and with less success than I would like, I realized that I just need to focus on trying my best! So far I have been successful with the majority of the notes for O Canada, but am struggling with playing them quickly and smoothly enough to the time of the song. That being said, it has been quite some time since I have exercised these skills and learned and instrument so I am trying to keep that in mind and stay positive.

Peak: 

Going to Campus View Elementary to observe a day of music classes was such an incredible experience. It really changed my perspective on this recorder journey and I have now have replaced my frustration with appreciation! Seeing the students play the recorder was so inspiring. I was able to see how easily they can be stored, distributed, and cleaned. I sometimes forget how capable young students are but was pleasantly reminded once I got to hear the grade 2 students play (incredibly well!). I am extremely grateful that we were given the opportunity to see recorders being used in the classroom firsthand.

Pit:

Time management is perhaps the hardest part of university. Between work, school, and housework, my to-do list can pile up pretty quick. I have found that I often have little time to spare during my day, and when I do my boyfriend is home from work! I think the hardest part is finding adequate time in my day where I can practice alone and not disrupt the rest of the house. Although I try my best to prioritize, it definitely is a struggle to keep up with all work loads! Through this experience I believe I have been able strengthen my organizational skills, which will most definitely help me in the years to come!